Maybe it’s raining. Maybe it’s snowing. Maybe dad doesn’t get home until late. I sit on the couch, turn on the television and leave my kids to amuse themselves because I’m bored. Wait, what? Even if I wanted to I doubt my 3-year-old would even let me. No, no. You can usually find me child eye level on the floor playing away! My energy and persistence rivals a childs. But when we’re stuck in the house all day and I can’t bring myself to watch another cartoon, read another book, build another block or play another hockey game I turn to these activities for some help!
8. Take a bath. Everybody wins when you have fun getting clean!
7. Puzzles Or Crafts. We do these a lot but it never fails to be amusing and time just flies by.
6. Bake. Scooping, dumping, stirring, clumping, sampling! Helping to create something you can then shove in your mouth? Always fun. (Especially when you don’t burn it.)
5. Make Up Songs. My son always surprises me with his musical ability. The Timeout Song was a huge hit. He maybe a lyrical genius.
4. Dance. Because come on! Who doesn’t love to crank their favorite song and let loose?! No one. That’s who.
3. Pitch A Tent. All I do is pitch it & let the magic of imagination unfold! Elevator tent is very popular in our house.
2. Obstacle Course. Just set up anything (things to jump over/run under are always great) and count! Endless fun.
1. Make Each Other Laugh. The funnest thing of all. Getting silly!
What are your favorite rainy/snow day activities?
Go have fun!